Can I measure a roof from Google Maps?
- Measure the length and width of each plane on the roof (including dormers) then multiply length times width.
- Add the square footage of each of the planes together.
How do you estimate roofing?
A new roof on a 1,000-square-foot house costs an average of $4,000 to $5,500 while the cost to replace a 3,000-square-foot home’s roof can rise to an average of $11,200 to $16,000.
What is the average price to tear off and replace a roof?
Sky Roof Measure provides industry leading takeoff and estimating reports for professional construction contractors. Please Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Average Cost to Replace a Roof
|House (& Roof**) by Square Foot||Re-Roofing Cost*|
|1,100 (1,160)||$4,200 – $6,000|
|1,200 (1,265)||$4,500 – $6,500|
|1,500 (1,581)||$5,500 – $8,000|
|1,600 (1,687)||$6,000 – $8,500|
CALCULATING THE AREA (TRUE)
If you want to get the exact area measurement for your roof, you can follow these steps:
- Once you have your roof’s pitch, divide the number by 12. (For example, if your roof’s pitch is 4 in 12, you would divide 4 by 12. This would yield 1/3.)
- Next, square your result. (If your number is 1/3, squared would yield 1/9.)
- After that, add 1 to your number. (1/9 + 1 = 10/9.)
- Next, figure out the square root of your new number. (The square root of 10/9 is 1.05.)
- Next, use your measuring tape to measure the length of your house. (Be sure to include overhangs.)
- After that, measure the width of your house. (Be sure to include overhangs.)
- Multiply your house length by your house width to get the area. (For example, 40 feet x 30 feet = 1,200 square feet.)
- Next, multiply the area by your roof’s pitch. (1,200 x 1.05 = 1,260 square feet.)
- To allow for hips, ridges, and waste, add 10% of your final number for a gable roof and 17% of your final number for a cottage roof. (Your total number would be either 1,386 or 1,474 square feet.)