- Frame your home back to the top shot. …
- Click the ruler icon on the left side of your screen.
- Switch the unit of measurement to feet.
- Click on a starting and stopping point, and you’ll get an estimated measure of distance.
- Start logging in your measurements.
- Measure the length and width of each plane on the roof (including dormers) then multiply length times width.
- Add the square footage of each of the planes together.
Measure the base area of your property
That will be the roof base width. Then, measure the distance of the other side of the structure from the edge of the eave to the other. That will be the roof base length. Multiply those figures together to get an estimate of the base area for the roof structure.