Gain the confidence you need to expedite critical projects without even having to set foot on the construction site. With aerial roof measurement reports from SkyRoofMeasure™, you can save both time and money. A project could be one roof, or multiple roofs; either way, these measurement reports have you covered. Gone are the days of scaling damaged roofs for more accurate measurements. Today, groundbreaking roof measurement systems precisely determine the dimensions of a roof.
How to Manually Measure a Roof
To manually measure a roof without the help of aerial measurement reports, you must visit a job site and climb onto the roof to take precise roof measurements by hand.
- Measure the width and length of each plane of the roof (including dormers), and then multiply those numbers to get the correct figure for the square footage of that area.
- Note any skylights, chimneys or other parts of the roof that would not require materials so you can subtract those measurements from your total area.
- Add together the calculated square footage of each surface to get the figure for total square footage of the roof.
- After determining the total square footage of the roof, you must calculate the pitch of the roof by measuring the vertical distance (rise) over a 12 inch horizontal segment (run).
- Write down these numbers as the vertical measurement listed first and the horizontal measurement recorded second so you can find rise over run.
- When you have the total square footage and rise over run of the roof, you can calculate the roof squares to determine how much materials are needed to cover the roof. To calculate the number of squares on a roof, you need to divide its total square feet by 100.
With those figures, you can then estimate the roofing supplies needed for a job.
Our Goal & Specialization
Our goal at Skyroofmeasure is to streamline your day to day operations by automating your employees and allowing them to work more efficiently with the help of our interactive Roof Reports. When your roof report is ready, it is not just emailed to one person, or available for download into a single desktop application, it is available to anyone in your company using a web based user account. All your reports saved on our database and you can view and download any time as per your convenience. Our 3D Roof reports include Aerial Images, rakes, flashing, valleys, ridges, multiple slope areas, pitch, linear measurements, total squares, recommended waste, etc. Our System can Export and import file formats such as XML,RFX,DFX/DWG and WRL.