- On your computer, open Google Earth.
- Search for a place, or select a location on the globe.
- On the left, click Measure. . …
- Click the map to set measurement points.
- To remove a point, on the right, click Undo .
- To complete your line measurement, double-click on your last point, or click Done .
What is a roof square?
A roofing square is an area of roof that measures 10 by 10 feet to make up a total of 100 square ft. This critical unit of measurement helps your contractor determine how much material they’ll need to order for your roofing project, from underlayment to bundles of roof shingles.
How many squares are in a 1500 square foot roof?
For a 1500 square foot house, you will need approximately 19 squares or 57 bundles or 1653 pieces of 3-tab standard-sized shingles (12 inch by 36 inch) when overhangs is 1 feet and roof slope is 4/12.
How many square feet is a roof on a 2000 square foot house?
To calculate this is simple: a roofing square is 100 square feet, which means that 20 roofing squares will accommodate a 2000 square feet roof. To obtain 20, you need to divide the total square feet by the size of one roofing square- 100 square feet.
How many squares are in a 1800 square foot house?
That makes a total of 32 squares of roof for an “1800 square foot” house. 4) Roofers calculate roof area in “squares,” with a square being 100 square feet of roof area.
Leave A Comment