Calculate My Roof Size
Acreage Calculator – Measure the area of a plot of land
The easiest way to measure the acreage of a plot of land is to start by entering an address that is associated with the plot of land you need the area of. In rural areas where an address may not be available, you can enter the cross street or even the GPS coordinate of a point on the land. For GPS coordinates be sure to enter the latitude followed a comma then the longitude ex. (41.87811, -87.629798). In any case this will place a marker that you can use as a reference point to draw the area on the map. Once you are finished drawing the area calculator will display the area of the shape above the map.
How to use the google maps area calculator tool to measure a roofSpecial precautions must be taken when measuring the area of a roof. The images that appear on google maps are often at a slight angle, which combined with the angle of a roof can cause errors. For this reason it is best to outline the roof at points which are all at the same elevation. On a simple house for instance you would only click on the corners of the roof and not on any points along the peak as that would cause an error. After measuring the area of the footprint you can estimate the actual roof area based on the angle of the roof. Similarly if you using the area calculator tool to measure a roof with multiple levels, you should do the individual section separately. The google maps area calculator is not 100% accurate. Do not rely on this tool as your only resource in making important decisions.
SkyRoofMeasure is a property measurement service created by roofing experts for roofing experts to provide a new level of accuracy, simplicity and affordability. Gone are the days of scaling damaged roofs for accurate measurements. SkyRoofMeasure reports make it easy to provide your customer with a quick, comprehensive overview of their roofing project and aids in the presentation needed to close the deal or ever having to set foot on a roof.
- Simple pricing
- Quick turnaround
- Comprehensive premium report available
- Friendly, knowledgeable customer support
- Precheck for imagery, just give us a call
- Multi-structure summary, which breaks out the measurements for each structure individually (i.e. house and detached garage)
- PDF and XML files provided for inclusion into estimating software
Features of a Roof Report
- Accurate Roof Pitch Measurements. Click here for more details Please.
- Roof Measurements including Area, Rakes, Ridges, Hips and Valleys, and every edge is separately measured and identified.
- CAD style drawings with colored lines identifying every type of roof edge
- Online access to your Roof Reports for your Employees, Subs and Suppliers with no software to install
- Multiple image providers for over 99% coverage of the USA & Canada
- Also supports file formats such as XML,RXF,DXF/DWG AND WRL