How do you measure a roof on Google Maps?
- On your computer, open Google Earth.
- Search for a place, or select a location on the globe.
- On the left, click Measure.
- Click the map to set measurement points.
- To remove a point, on the right, click Undo .
- To complete your line measurement, double-click on your last point, or click Done .
How accurate is Google maps measuring tool?
This study confirmed such measurement accuracy to distances over 2000 feet. 2. On-road, off-road, and curved path measurements from Google Earth Pro presented an average error rate of 1.45%, 1.61%, and 1.73%, respectively, to those obtained by manually rolled measurements for more than 1300 worldwide measurements.
Benefits of Satellite Roof Measurements
Using technology in Roof Measurements allows you to save valuable time in your business. Measuring by hand takes a long time because you need to measure the same more times to get precise results. So, this smart method helps you to do everything from measurement to sophisticated calculations without sacrificing accuracy. We deliver the reports at an affordable cost.
- You’ll Save Hours: No baking in the hot sun all day as you fight your roof for positioning. A few clicks and you’re done. Use those hours to plan your DIY project instead.
- You’re in Control. Not the Contractor: If you pay a contractor to take measurements, they’ve got all the leverage. They’ll choose labor and materials and make you pay for overhead expenses (plus a bit more to pad their pockets).
- Get Accurate Measurements AND Estimates in Minutes: Satellites are more accurate than the most experienced contractor’s hands. You’ll get EXACT measurements of your roof with no human error. We’ll even provide an estimate for costs based on the average roofing materials.
- It’s 100% Safe: Did we mention no ladders, measuring tapes, heights, or hot sun? Yeah, this is way safer!